Let’s talk content ideation 👏 If you look at how the content space operates today, you’ll realize that the success of your content marketing efforts hinges on your ability to come up with compelling ideas. The internet never sleeps, and your audience is always looking for interesting and relevant content to engage with. But supplying them with a constant stream of fresh content can feel a bit overwhelming at times. You might feel like a hamster on a wheel, spinning endlessly in search of fresh ideas for your blog or article. Well now, you can finally hop off that wheel. Say hello to AI content idea generator tools!
An AI-powered content idea generator can help you come up with innovative new ideas for your content marketing campaigns. Think of it as a digital sidekick that provides you with unique ideas to elevate your content to the next level.
Lately, there’s been a great influx of AI content idea generator tools in the market, giving business owners and marketers more options than ever to streamline content planning and ideation. And if you’re looking to invest in one, we’ve got just the list you need. In this article, we’ve rounded up some of the best AI content idea generators that you can try out today. Let’s take a look at them, shall we?
How do you generate ideas for content creation?
What is an AI content idea generator?
Best AI Content Idea Generator Tools
- Narrato AI Topic Generator
- ChatGPT for Content Ideation
- HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator
- Semrush AI Title Generator
- BuzzSumo Content Discover
- Ahrefs Content Explorer
- Portent Content Idea Generator
- The Hoth’s Headline Generator
- Content Idea Generator
- SEOClarity AI-powered SEO topic research
How do you generate ideas for content creation?
The most common way is to brainstorm content ideas with your team members when you’re hashing out a content plan for the week, month, or year. There are, however, several steps that go into the content ideation process.
- Firstly, you need to create an audience persona to identify what is it exactly your target audience is looking for. What is the type of content they like to read? What are their aspirations? What platforms do they usually go to find out solutions for their problems?
- Then, you need to find out what your competitors are doing with their content, and what’s working well for them. This is also a good time to find out any content gaps that you can fill.
- Lastly, you’ll have to look at the performance of your own content and SEO efforts. By conducting a content audit, you can identify which pieces of content are resonating with your audience and which are not. This can give you insights into the type of content your audience wants to see more of. Content audits can also help you identify any gaps in your content marketing strategy.
TL;DR here’s a quick summary video of this article.
What is an AI content idea generator?
Simply put, an AI content idea generator is a software application that uses machine learning algorithms to suggest fresh and relevant content ideas based on your input. First, it analyzes vast amounts of data related to a particular topic or industry. The algorithm then looks for patterns, keywords, and themes in the data, and uses this information to suggest topic ideas.
All you have to do is provide the tool with the general theme around which you want to create content, and a list of relevant content topics and titles will be generated in a matter of seconds. Blog topic generator AI tools can be incredibly valuable for saving time in the content ideation process.
With the basics covered, let’s take a look at some AI content idea generation tools.
Best AI Content Idea Generator Tools
1. Narrato AI Topic Generator
Narrato is an all-in-one AI content workspace that offers numerous AI tools for content creation, from AI writing, keyword and topic research, to content optimization and AI image generation. The AI topic generator offered on this platform can give you a long list of topics and potential themes of interest that you can use to build your content plan for the week or month ahead.
Narrato’s AI Topic Generator offer the following benefits –
- Simple and intuitive: The AI topic generator tool on Narrato only needs a few keywords or a general theme you wish to create content around, to provide you with topic suggestions.
- Unlimited ideas: Regenerate the topic suggestions as many times as you want by hitting the refresh button, until you like the topics you see.
- ‘Add Topics to Project’ option: You can choose the topics you want from the list of AI content ideas and add them to your content projects on Narrato Workspace directly. This feature makes content planning a whole lot simpler, as it eliminates the need to create content tasks for each topic manually.
- Relevant and fresh ideas: You will find most of the content topics generated by Narrato’s AI topic generator to be very relevant and highly useful to your audience.
Apart from this, there are tons of other AI tools for marketing and content creation on Narrato that can streamline your entire content process. The AI writer with multiple use cases lets you generate content for blogs, websites, emails, ads, and more. The SEO content brief generator helps you create comprehensive SEO content briefs with keywords, questions, references, and more within minutes. The AI images tool allows you to generate custom images in various styles from simple text prompts. The platform also has content calendars for planning, a central content repository to organize and store all your content, as well as strong team collaboration features.
Pricing: Narrato’s pricing plans start from $45 per month, which includes 5 user seats. There’s also a free trial plan if you’re looking to test out the features of this powerful AI platform.
2. ChatGPT for Content Ideation
Developed by Open AI, ChatGPT is a language model that works as an AI chatbot, capable of processing user prompts and generating appropriate responses in a human-like manner. If you know how to use it right, ChatGPT can be an incredibly useful tool for generating exciting, new content ideas for your blogs and article.
The above example is a list of topics generated using the ChatGPT integration on Narrato.
Using ChatGPT for content ideation is fairly simple. You need to provide it with a keyword or phrase related to the topic, and it generates a list of related content ideas that you can use as inspiration. With this tool, the key is to use the right ChatGPT prompts. Here are some examples to help you get started.
- ChatGPT Prompt #1: You are a content idea generator. Generate a list of [X] creative and attention-grabbing topics with the keyword [keyword]. Try to come up with unique and fresh blog topic ideas.
- ChatGPT Prompt #2: Suggest [X] blog topic ideas on [subject]. Include the keyword [X].
- ChatGPT Prompt #3: Generate a list of top [X] trends in [industry/niche] in [Year].
Pricing: ChatGPT is free-to-use, but if you want early access to the new ChatGPT features, you can go with ChatGPT Plus, which is priced at $20 per month. Narrato also offers ChatGPT integration on its platform.
3. HubSpot Blog Ideas Generator
This AI content idea generator is another good option if you’re looking for a simple tool to come up with catchy blog topics. All you have to do is provide the tool with 5 nouns (keywords) of your choice, and HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator generates topic suggestions that can act as a launching pad for your blog posts.
Here are some of the key features of this tool –
- Build content topics with 5 unique nouns: You can add up to 5 nouns (keywords) describing the general content theme, and the tool will generate unique blog topic ideas based on those keywords.
- A Week of Blog Ideas: With every try, you can generate 5 blog topics, which makes it easier to plan a whole week of blogs. There’s also an option for ‘A Year of Blog Ideas’, in which you get 250+ blog topic ideas.
- Regenerate blog topic ideas: You can generate unlimited blog topics using this blog topic idea generator. If you are not happy with the suggestions, just click the “start over” button to try again.
The only drawback of this content ideas AI generator is that you have to start over with your attempt if you’re not happy with the topic suggestions. There’s no option to refresh the list, as you would find in tools like Narrato.
Pricing: HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator is completely free to use.
4. Semrush AI Title Generator
With Semrush Title Generator, you can come up with engaging topic ideas and catchy titles for your blog posts, articles, or any other type of content. This AI title generation tool works a lot like the other tools in this list. When you enter a topic, keyword, or phrase, it will provide you with some related topic ideas. But instead of a single list, it generates titles and topic ideas with individual lists for –
- How-to & Guides
- Other Miscellaneous Titles
Here’s everything offered by this AI content idea generator –
- CSV download option: You can down the entire list of selected AI-generated titles in CSV format. This makes it easier to sort through the topics when you are hashing out your content plan.
- Copy option: You can select the titles you want and then copy them with the click of a button with the ‘copy selected option’.
- No limitations: You can generate AI titles as many times as you want.
Pricing: Semrush AI Title Generator is completely free to use, with no limitations.
5. Buzzsumo Content Discovery
Buzzsumo is essentially a content research tool that can help you in staying up-to-date with what’s working in a particular industry/niche. Given that it is particularly useful for uncovering trends, BuzzSumo’s Content Discovery can be a great tool for sourcing ideas for your articles and blog posts. When you enter a search query into this tool, it trawls the web to provide you with the most useful content insights, trends, topics, questions your audience is asking, and more.
The key features of this tool are –
- Trend Identification: Helps uncover trending topics in real time. There is also a trending score, which can help you determine which topics are most likely to go viral
- Geographic filtering: Find relevant content ideas for your region
- Topic-specific keywords: Identify high-traffic keywords to include in your topic
- Find questions your audience is asking: The tool searches the forum posts on Reddit, Amazon, Quora, and other Q&A sites to give you the questions being asked around a topic. This makes it easier to create in-demand content.
Pricing: Buzzsumo offers 5 pricing plans – Basic, Content Creation, PR and Comms, Suite, and Enterprise. These start from $119 per month, and can go up to $999 per month.
6. Answer the Public
Answer the Public can be a valuable tool for content ideation. This tool offers valuable insights into the topics people are searching for on the web. By using this tool, you can craft content that is both relevant and engaging for your target audience. The unique thing about this tool is that it allows you to visualize the content ideas in the form of a mind map, which makes it easier to identify any themes and patterns in your queries.
Here’s a look at the key features of this tool –
- Content idea categories: Visualize the content ideas in the form of Questions, Prepositions, Comparisons, and Alphabeticals
- Related topics: Find related topics to your search query
- Geographic filters: Refine the search according to your region
- Keyword metrics: Get search volume and CPC for the keyword in your query
- Language targeting: The tool lets you search for content ideas in over 15 languages, including English, Polish, Spanish, German, Italian, and more. This allows you to come up with useful content ideas for targeting specific locations.
- Download and sharing options: Export the data in CSV format, or use the shareable link to share the results of the search with others.
Pricing: Answer the Public comes with 3 pricing plans (Individual, Pro, and Expert) which start from $9 per month. You can also try out the tool for free.
Originally founded as a tool for scraping Google Suggest terms, Ubersuggest is another useful analytics tool that can help you with content ideation. When you enter a keyword or domain into the tool to search for content ideas, it will provide you with a list of pages that are performing well in that niche, along with several other useful insights about these pages.
Here are the key content ideation features of this tool –
- Content Ideas: Find top-performing content on a topic, along with the estimated traffic, number of backlinks, and social shares on platforms like Facebook, Reddit, and Pinterest.
- Keyword Ideas: Get keyword suggestions related to a particular keyword or topic. This feature can help you expand your content ideas and identify long-tail keywords that they can target in their content.
- Search options: Search content ideas for different languages and countries.
- Download options: You can export the list of selected content ideas generated on the platform, or even copy to your clipboard.
Pricing: Ubersuggest provides 3 pricing plans, Individual, Business, and Enterprise, which start from $12 per month. The tool also offers a 7-day free trial.
8. Ahrefs Content Explorer
Ahrefs is one of the more popular SEO tools used by marketers to gain valuable search marketing insights. And if you’re looking for content ideas for your blog posts and articles, Ahrefs Content Explorer can be an interesting tool for that purpose. The platform claims to have over 11 billion pages in its database, which is updated every day. This means that you’ll get access to the latest and most relevant content ideas with this tool.
Some of the key features of Ahrefs Content Explorer are –
- Search top-performing content on topics: The tool provides you with valuable insights about the traffic and backlinks generated by specific pages, which helps in identifying which topics are doing well.
- Related topics: Find related topics for a particular keyword or phrase
- Filter content ideas: You can refine the list according to date, language, domain rating, word count, number of shares, organic traffic, and more.
- Content gap analysis: Identify gaps in the content on a particular topic by analyzing the content that exists. The tool highlights areas where new content could be created.
Pricing: The pricing plans on Ahrefs start from $99 and can go up to $999.
9. Portent Content Idea Generator
If you find yourself stuck on what to write next, Portent’s content idea generator that can provide you with some interesting title suggestions. This user-friendly tool requires only that you enter your broad topic or subject, and click generate. It then searches related topics and blends them with your general topic, to provide you with the most relevant suggestions.
Here are the key features of this tool –
- Cycle through ideas: If you don’t like the topic suggestion, you can simply ask the tool to generate another one.
- Save ideas: You can save your content ideas right there on the platform.
- Topic breakdown: When you tap and hold each phrase in the generated title, it gives you some tips to make your content stand out.
- Change subject: If you want to generate topics on a new subject, you would simply have to click on ‘Change My Subject’, and start over again.
- Share content ideas: Portent’s content idea generator also allows you to share your content ideas on Twitter.
Pricing: Portent is a free-to-use content idea generator.
10. The Hoth’s Headline Generator
The Hoth’s Headline Generator is a content ideation tool that can be used to generate attention-grabbing headlines for various types of content, including articles, blog posts, and social media posts. It uses a simple interface that prompts the user to enter keywords related to their content idea, niche, website, and more.
Key features and capabilities of this tool are –
- Targeted topic suggestions: Besides the content idea keyword, the tool also asks you to provide it with information about your target audience, industry, common problems faced by your target audience, and the desired outcomes your audience may be interested in. This allows the tool to provide you with more targeted topic/headline suggestions.
- Compelling headlines: The tool uses proven headline writing formulas and techniques, ensuring that the generated headlines are optimized for maximum impact
- Regenerate content ideas: The tool allows you to regenerate ideas as many times as you want if you don’t find the first set of headline suggestions satisfactory.
Pricing: The Hoth’s Headline Generator is completely free.
11. Content Idea Generator
Developed by Ed Rivis in 2012, the Content Idea Generator is a useful topic research tool, designed specifically for busy marketers. The tool asks you to provide answers to certain questions like ‘What product or service are you selling?’, ‘Where do you sell?’ and ‘What is the biggest benefit of your product or service?’ Using this information, it generates relevant topic suggestions. The main purpose of this tool is to save time in content topic generation and provide you with inspiration when you’re struggling to come up with fresh ideas on your own.
- Content ideas: Brainstorm 100+ ideas for blog posts, articles, YouTube videos, podcasts, infographics, or any other kind of content.
- Fast topic generation: The tool generates hundreds of content ideas in a matter of seconds.
- ‘Click, Copy, Paste’ option: Easily copy all the content ideas for content planning.
Pricing: Ed Rivis’ Content Idea Generator is a free topic generator, but it does require you to register for the free access.
12. SEOClarity AI-Powered SEO Topic Research
SEOClarity’s AI-Powered SEO Topic Research is a tool that provides valuable insights into search queries and topics that are relevant to your specific industry or niche. The tool uses advanced algorithms to analyze search data and identify emerging trends, making it easier for marketers to generate content ideas that will resonate with their target audience.
Here are some of the standout features of this tool –
- Topic Explorer: This tool uses artificial intelligence-driven associations and NLP processing to help you with topic research. It helps you uncover keyword patterns based on your audience’s search behavior, which can then guide your content ideation process.
- 24 Months Search Volume: Discover topic trends, seasonal changes, and new opportunities for the past 2 years.
- Clickstream and intent graph: Helps you uncover related topics and audience queries by finding out any intent overlap in your topics/keywords.
- Industry-specific topics: Find relevant topics and keywords related to your industry.
- Questions: Find all the questions that your audience is searching for related to your topic. It can also filter out all the queries that trigger a featured snippet on the search engine results page.
Pricing: SEOClarity offers 4 pricing plans – Essentials, Core, Professional, and Agency. You can get a custom quote for each plan.
AI Content Generator Tools – Wrapping Up
In today’s fast-paced digital world, producing engaging and high-quality content is more important than ever before. However, coming up with fresh ideas for blog posts and articles can be a real challenge, especially when you’re pressed for time. That’s why AI content idea generator tools can be a game-changer for content creators and marketers. With the help of the tools listed in this article, you can discover a wide range of topics, headlines, and even questions that your audience is searching for. And each tool offers unique content ideation features to help you create outstanding content. To get the best bang for the buck, choose a tool that comes with additional features for content creation, like AI content planning, AI content writing, AI image generation, or search engine optimization.